Monday, June 13, 2011

Sunday's Meal

Ok, it's time to turn this blog back towards food. Now, I don't have a fancy camera, so forgive the pictures. But I'm pretty proud of the weekends meal (we technically had the same thing Saturday and Sunday because my pizza dough recipe makes 2 crusts). So, here we go.


The main portion of our meal is a homemade pizza. It consists of a whole wheat crust, almost homemade tomato sauce (the sauce part came from a can...but I added the seasonings), thinly sliced cheddar cheese, pepperoni (because we love it), and freshly sliced cremini mushrooms and roma tomatoes (courtesy of Bountiful Baskets). It was quite tasty if it do say so myself :)


(Everything you see next is also part of our Bountiful Basket. Seriously...can't say enough about how awesome this thing is!)
 
Next we have salad with more mushrooms, tomatoes, along with some cucumber. Forgive the tacky "salad bowl". It's in a tupperware container because 1-I knew I'd be putting the leftovers in the fridge, and 2- my real salad bowl is holding the rest of my fruit :). We also had some incredibly ripe and juicy pineapple. This was technically part of last weeks basket, but we still managed to consume it in about 24 hours. Yea, we have mad fruit eating skills!




So while it wasn't incredibly fancy, and would be considered by most an embarrassment to post online...it got a big resounding "Mom, you make the BEST food EVER!" from both of my kids, so it's a major win in my book!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love homemade pizza and fresh pineapple! Wanna have us over next time you decide to make this?

    ReplyDelete