Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I am truimphant!!!

I have failed the past few days, I know...I have no excuses other than "Uhhhhhhhhhh". Anyways, I have to brag just a teensy tiny bit. I successfully cooked VENISON last night! That's right, one of the driest, gamiest meat ever (at least when I've cooked it in the past), and I succeeded. I based it on This recipe...but tweaked it a little. Mostly because I was out of Soy sauce, and I was too lazy to measure anything. So I kinda just threw the spices in as I wanted, and used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I didn't take a picture, it looked kinda funny, but it tasted good. Even my kids ate it!!!! We served it along side my special mashed potatoes, and homemade "pull apart" rolls. Oh and plums. I was too lazy to put together a salad (I blame my ceiling fan...it wasn't turning the right way so it never really cooled off in here. It's been fixed), and I felt like we needed something on the more "healthy" side. So we had meat, carbs, carbs, and fruity carbs. It was grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment