Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday Meals

So I know I'm not really a fancy meal person. I'll change that one day. Like when the girls are possibly a little older, and I'm not having to leave whatever is on the stove every 5 minutes because somebody needs to be rescued from outside, or at least until we get a door that my kids can open easily. Or like when I feel like we can splurge a bit more on the grocery bill. I know that I always have plenty of food that my family can eat when they are hungry, and that for the most part it is really healthy. But fancy meats and ingredients are not on the list. I'm just very thankful that what I do end up making they all love.Ok, I'm done with that. Let's go to the past few evenings.

Tuesdays meal was Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, and biscuits. I, however, did not make any of it. We had a KFC coupon we'd been holding onto for a while, and decided to use it. It was nice because I was having a rough day and not having to cook was just a wonderful break for me. It was bad because, well, I seemed to have forgotten how nasty KFC chicken was. Or maybe they've just gone down in quality. So while I thoroughly enjoyed everything else on the menu, the chicken didn't quite settle well with me. The rest of the crew was excited though...and only washing 4 plates, 4 forks, and 4 cups made it all worth it.



Last night was a different story. We love bacon here, and since I still had quite a few tomatoes and a bunch of lettuce from last weeks bountiful basket, I decided BLT's were a grand idea. I also sliced up a few cremini mushrooms and stuck them on as well. We had some zucchini left too, so I cooked it in a bit of olive oil with salt and pepper. To top the meal off we had some oranges as well. Those oranges we've been getting are a little small, but oh my goodness....they are SSSSOOOOO juicy!! I have to peel them over the sink or garbage can. Maybe I just have really bad peeling skills, but juice always ends up going everywhere! I love it.




Tonight meal is gonna be fun...but I'm not gonna tell you what it is. You're just gonna have to wait until tomorrow :)

1 comment: