Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day 2011

How was your Father's Day? Good? I hope so. I feel like I kind of failed. The girls and I managed to not get a gift, and I didn't get donuts for breakfast. I didn't even cook breakfast. We aren't big breakfast people on Sundays, we like our sleep...and cereal :) I did however run to Safeway with my amazing man and we got some steaks. They weren't the fanciest ones...but we were happy. We also stocked up on BBQ sauce.

Since we had my Mother in law, and sister in law over for lunch (the rest of the crew was in Spokane) I made beef enchiladas for lunch. We had steaks marinating, but not enough to feed 6. We almost didn't even cook them last night, but we got bored and decided to anyway. So we cooked steaks, venison sausages, grilled corn, and I made some mashed potatoes. Oh, and let me tell you about a drink you might want to try. 2 liter of sprite, can of cranberry juice concentrate, stir it all up, pour some for the kids, then add Tequila to your glass! :)  While the Grill was heating up though, Tim and I got this huge craving for roasted marshmallows! So I ran out and got some before supper. I didn't get any pictures of the main courses yesterday (I know, fail right?), I did get a few of the marshmallow fun! The girls had so much fun roasting their marshmallows over the hot coals (with adult supervision of course!).

Tim's 3 biggest fans!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I love the pics, especially the bottom one. Love y'all very much. Give each other a smooch from Nannie and Poppy.

    ReplyDelete