Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still moving

Well, we're mostly moved it. It won't really be complete until the floors are put down, and I can use my table on a regular basis :) So once that's all done, I'll post some pictures. I pretty much failed on the "before" pictures...but only because things went it a little crazy when Tim came down with a nasty sinus infection and pink eye in both eyes just a few days before our scheduled move. Leaving me to run back and forth, buy extra paint, and take care of the kiddos. I'm pretty sure I won the "super mom" award this past week an a half...not to brag or anything :)

Since it is a splendid day, I may take the kiddos outside for a while and perhaps paint the trim or the windows. That needs to get done. Not much else we can do today since, once again, Pink eye has plagued our house. Poor Riley finally got it. Though at the moment, thanks to a living room covered in Kilz, she's pretty distracted by coloring on the floor :)

Tim is off in Spokane picking up our wood flooring. Here's a tidbit...NEVER buy wood flooring online! The description might say "Brazilian cherry"...but what that really means is pink. Thankfully we were able to return the stuff, and get all of our money back (no restocking fee!)! So instead our dining room and kitchen will have oak flooring, which we have decided to keep it's natural color. If you do need wood flooring, and are ok with finishing your own Lumber Liquidators has some nice unfinished stuff for REALLY cheap. I'm talking around the $2.00 a sq. ft. range. They are in Spokane, which is why Tim is there.

We also discovered that out of the 6 (or is it 8?) phone jacks we have....only 2 are working right now. And that's only because my Father in law was able to put up some temporary wiring. We'll have to rewire the entire house for phones. But God is good, and my Father in law works for Frontier, and has access to perfectly good supplies that the company tosses for whatever reason. So he will fix it for us :)

I got my new Washer and Dryer. They are big, and beautiful, and front load. But my dryer vent is so incredibly clogged up, I can't use them right now because it might cause a fire. So I'm still a laundromat person for a little longer.

That's pretty much it for the house stuff right now, and that's pretty much our life at the moment. I'm excited to get back into a groove, to take my kids to the park (it is only 1/2 a block away), and to have many social events here. God is good, and has provided us with the perfect home, despite it's minor imperfections at the moment :) We have great plans for the place, and, God willing, many years to put them into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment