Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Cookbook!

So, a little backstory. I love the show Masterchef. I watched every episode of the first season, and really rooted for Whitney Miller. She was southern, polite, and cute as a button! I was THRILLED when she was crowned the first "American Masterchef", and got really excited when I saw (while watching Season 2 of Masterchef actually) that she had her own cookbook. So, last week...I ordered one! I received it in the mail yesterday, and I've read through it 3 or 4 times already. It really makes me miss the south and the food that is easily accessible there (catfish, crawfish, okra, etc). But all of the recipes seem really simple, even if the names are daunting. Since it's my birthday next week, I've decided that I absolutely HAVE to do at least 2 of the recipes. For my birthday dinner I'm going to make the Shrimp bisque and grits. My birthday dessert is going to be the Toasted Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon glaze. I'm just a teensy bit excited, I'll be sure to let you know how it comes out! You really should check out this book, but you'll probably have to get your own copy. I might be too stingy to share ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment